Seamless In-Model Collaboration
Enterprise Architect's collaboration features have been significantly improved to connect team members and keep the iterative processes of modeling and design alive and healthy.
The chat / instant messaging capabilities are now expanded to allow one-on-one conversations with any other user in the model, facilitating an instant and productive "in model" dialog. Expanding on the group chat feature introduced in previous versions, the new one-on-one mode promotes highly focused discussions within the model and in real-time. Setting Up Notifications
An all new notification system for chats and monitored discussions allows you to quickly and easily see when a new chat or discussion comes in that is relevant to you. Setting the new ‘Support Collaboration’ property on diagrams enables elements to show a notification icon when new chats and discussions have occurred and you are monitoring them.
To make use of this new mode for model chats,
- Set the "Support Collaboration" property on a diagram
- Place an Actor Element onto that diagram to represent a team member
- Specify their user logon ID in the Alias field
- Notification icons will now appear next to that Actor when you have an unread message from them
- Select an Actor with a 'New Chat' notification on a diagram to open the chat window to that conversation
- While the chat window is visible, the diagram selection and active chat are synchronized.